457 Subsequent Partner Visa

Who can be added as a secondary applicant to my 457 Visa?

Secondary visa applicants are members of the main visa applicant’s family (Partner or Childern). 457 holders can sponsor their spouse or de facto partner, dependent children 18 years of age or over, dependent children under the age of 18 or a dependent relative.

It is important that you can provide evidence to the Department proving that secondary applicants a members of your family.

A 457 Subsequent Partner / Child applicant must prove one of the following in order to be eligible to apply for this visa.

  • Married? You will need to provide your marriage certificate, and evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing with your partner.

  • De facto? You will need to provide evidence demonstrating that you have been in a genuine and continuing relationship with your parnter.

  • Dependent relative? You will need to provide evidence that the dependent relative does not have a spouse, de facto partner or children, usually reside in the family head’s household and are dependent on the family head.

  • IST-457-Partner-Visa
  • Children? If your children are 18 years or over, you will have to show that your children are wholly or substantially reliant on the primary visa applicant for financial support to meet their basic food, clothing and shelter needs or because they are incapacitated for work. If your children are under 18 years of age, you will need to prove that you have custody rights over your children, for example, that you are their parent or guardian or their parent or guardian is included on the application.

  • If you like this page, please like or share it with a friend on Facebook

    How can a secondary applicant be added to a 457 Visa?

    There are two ways that a partner or children can be attached as secondary applicants to a 457 visa application. Partners and Children can either be included on the original application or, if you already hold a 457 visa, you can apply through a separate visa application as a sponsor.

  • On an original application: You may include on your application, secondary visa applicants. Secondary applicants must meet the secondary criteria. Including secondary applicants on the original 457 visa application will be an option for people who have dependents at the time they are applying for their visa. This will not be an option for people who want to include secondary applicants after their visa has been granted.

  • After you have been granted a 457 visa: A separate sponsor visa application will be necessary if you already hold a 457 visa and have not included the person as a secondary applicant. They will still be assessed against the secondary requirements as a secondary visa applicant. This process will be appropriate for applicants who did not initially include their partner or children on their initial 457 visa application. It will also be appropriate for someone currently on a 457 visa who wants to sponsor a new partner or new born children who are not Australian citizens or does not have residence in Australia.
  • What are the secondary criteria that secondary applicants must meet?
  • • No negative or unlawful information known to the Department;
  • • A holder of adequate health insurance;
  • • All Health requirements; and
  • • Character test requirements.

  • IST helps you to obtain a visa by applying for it again. IST examine reasons for previous refusals in order to overcome such difficulties

    IST obtain a tourist visa successfully. Your previous visa refusals do not affect your latter visa application, including Fiance, Partner or Spouse visa applications

    IST chooses the best visa options for you in order to secure a visa for your.

    IST helps you obtain a tourist visa successfully without going on tour, helps reduce the visa service fee and travel cost if going on tours.

    IST assist you with considering whether you should re-apply for a visa or appeal the deision so that the chance of success is high.

    Visa Refused?

    Have you been refused a Tourist or Partner Visa due to using unreliable services or an inadequate visa application? We are here to help you solve the problem.

    (+84) 028 6290 6968

    If you like this page, please like or share it with a friend on Facebook


    How can I get help with my application?

    There is sometimes confusion amongst visa applicants when getting a visa for their child. Contact our Lawyer and Migration Agent Hanh Ho today so she can advise you of the best visa option.

    Our Migration Agent Hanh will also ensure that you meet all the visa lodgement criteria and work closely with you to prepare and submit a completed decision ready application.

    Here at IST Migration, we have helped many people not only get their child a visa but also obtain the parents 309, 100 and 820, 801 partner visas. Call Hanh for more information about Child Visa 445 and/or Partner Visas 309, 100 and 820, 801 +61 04 06 888 639.

    CONSULTATION: Urgent case? Contact IST Migration via Viber, Zalo, or Call (+61) 0406 888 639.         Looking for a Registered Australian Migration Agent? Call our Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent Hanh Ho for: Australian Partner Visas, Australian Tourist Visa applications, Australian Visa Appeals and Waivers Call Australian – (+61) 0406 888 639 or Vietnam – (+84) 028 6290 6968