Family Sponsored Tourist Visa 600

The Sponsored Family visa requires applicants to be sponsored by a family member in Australia who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

The sponsored tourist visa has more restrictive visa conditions than the Tourist Visa 600. In some cases, a security bond may need to be paid to the department as requested. The bond paid to the department is fully refundable provided the visa holder complies with all the visa conditions. If you are planning to visit family, you can also apply for the Tourist Visa that does not require sponsorship or a bond.

  • This visa is for people with a family sponsor. You must be able to show that:
  • • you are sponsored by an eligible relative
  • • you are travelling to Australia as a genuine visitor
  • • you are visiting your child who is currently at least an Australian permant resident
  • • you are visiting your boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, spouse who is residing in Australia

  • In many cases a sponsor might have to pay a fully refundable bond to the Australian Government when the Department suspectes the genuiness of your visit but still issues a visa. The value of a bond does vary and can be a high as 10,000AUD per person.

    (If you wish to reduce your chance of having to pay a bond, call our Migration Agent Hanh Ho. Hanh has years of experience with getting sponsored visas without a bond).

    Who can be a sponsor?

  • A sponsor must:
  • • be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • • be older than 18 years of age
  • • have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years)
  • You must also be one of the following:
  • • a relative of the applicant (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these).
  • • a relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit and who is also applying for a Visitor visa (such as the partner of your brother or sister).

  • Can I sponsor more than one person?

    A sponsor cannot sponsor more than one person at the same time, unless the applicate is the member of the same family unit. (A family unit is made up of the head of the family, their partner and their dependent children). Also, other relatives can be included in the family unit if they are dependent on the head of the family. However, IST do not recommend adding additional applicants. If anyone of the additional applicants fails the visa process all other members will also fail there visa applications.

    IST understands that families like to reunite with more than one person at a time, if you do wish to sponsor more than one family member to visit you please call our Migration Agent and Lawyer Hanh Ho, Hanh has helped many families reunite in Australia for occasions such as Christmas, child births, and family member funerals.

    For sponsors that have already sponsored a visitor, you must wait until their visa expires before applying to sponsor another applicant, unless your next sponsorship is for a member of the family unit of someone you are currently sponsoring and they are proposing to travel to Australia for the same purpose as the previous applicant.

    If you like this page, please like or share it with a friend on Facebook


  • You must be able to show that:
  • • you are travelling to Australia as a genuine visitor
  • • you will visit your family
  • • you are sponsored by an eligible relative.
  • • you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Australia
  • Once the visa is granted:
  • • You must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws
  • • You must not work in Australia
  • • You must not study or train in Australia for more than three months
  • • You must leave Australia before your visa ends. You cannot apply for another visa while you are in Australia

  • No Further Stay

    If you have a ‘No further stay’ condition on your visa, you cannot apply for a new visa while you are in Australia, except in extremely limited circumstances. You must leave Australia no later than the date on which your visa ends. Should you require a No Further Stay condition waived our Migration Agent and Lawyer Hanh Ho can help you obtain a waiver.


    As a sponsor, you will guarantee that the applicant will leave Australia before their visa expires. You might also have to pay a security bond.

  • As a sponsor, you must:
  • • guarantee that your visitor will comply with all the conditions of their visa, including leaving Australia before their visa expires
  • • take responsibility for all financial obligations to the Australian Government incurred by your visitor during their stay in Australia.
  • If your visitor does not comply with all the conditions of their visa, you will usually be unable to sponsor another visitor for this visa for five years and might lose your security bond.

    IST helps you to obtain a visa by applying for it again. IST examine reasons for previous refusals in order to overcome such difficulties

    IST obtain a tourist visa successfully. Your previous visa refusals do not affect your latter visa application, including Fiance, Partner or Spouse visa applications

    IST chooses the best visa options for you in order to secure a visa for your.

    IST helps you obtain a tourist visa successfully without going on tour, helps reduce the visa service fee and travel cost if going on tours.

    IST assist you with considering whether you should re-apply for a visa or appeal the deision so that the chance of success is high.

    Visa Refused?

    Have you been refused a Tourist or Partner Visa due to using unreliable services or an inadequate visa application? We are here to help you solve the problem.

    (+84) 028 6290 6968

    If you like this page, please like or share it with a friend on Facebook

    What if a pervious sponsored person did not abide be the visa conditions?

    If you have previously sponsored a visitor and they did not abide by the conditions of their visa, you will usually not be able to sponsor another visitor in the same visa class for five years. However, there are some special circumstances such as sponsoring a partner that the five year ban can be waived. In order to waive this condition you must use a registered Australian migration agent, our Migration Agent and Lawyer Hanh Ho can help you overcome the departments concerns about sponsoring another person.

    charactor grounds

    Do I have to pay a Security Bond?

    Bonds are not required for all applicants as the department decides on a case-by-case basis whether to ask for a security bond. The department will tell you know in writing if you need to provide a bond and how much the bond will be. The purpose of the bond is to ensure the sponsor upholds their obligations and the visa holder abides by all visa conditions.

  • The bond:
  • • is usually between AUD 10,000 and AUD 15,000 per person (but Department can ask for any amount)
  • • must be paid in full before a final decision can be made on the visa application
  • • is refunded if your visitor leaves Australia before their visa ends and if they have complied with all visa conditions
  • • You cannot appeal the Department’s decision.

  • CONSULTATION: Urgent case? Contact IST Migration via Viber, Zalo, or Call (+61) 0406 888 639.         Looking for a Registered Australian Migration Agent? Call our Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent Hanh Ho for: Australian Partner Visas, Australian Tourist Visa applications, Australian Visa Appeals and Waivers Call Australian – (+61) 0406 888 639 or Vietnam – (+84) 028 6290 6968